|Photo from Disney Parks Blog|
Yesterday, Tom Skaggs, Chairman of Walt Disney Resorts and Parks, announced on the Disney Parks Blog that the MyMagic+ Fastpass+ capability was expanding. The MyMagic+ experience has been available to guests of Disney Resorts only. Resort guests could reserve 3 FastPass Selections per One Park a Day, 60 days out of a scheduled vacation via My Disney Experience online or via the mobile app. Kiosks with friendly cast members were available at each of the Walt Disney Resort Parks to help MyMagic+ guest make FastPass changes in the parks. Attractions were added with FastPass+ capability including Parades, Fireworks, Character Meet-Ups and rides previously not on FastPass.
To reserve a FastPass+ selection up to 60 days prior to a trip, guest MUST have a Disney Resort reservation pending and park tickets in their My Disney Experience account. Offsite guests were allowed to make FastPass+ selections at the kiosks in the park the day of their visits with their park tickets.
BUT things are a changing as Disney has listened to comments and criticisms and really they just want you to have fun at the parks. Changes coming include:
- Offsite Guests will be able to reserve FastPass+ attractions 30 days prior to trip (must have park tickets linked in My Disney Experience to reserve)
- Offsite Guests can now purchase MyMagicBand+ the day of their visit at $12.95 plus tax.
- Offsite guest purchasing MagicBands will only be able to use the bands as Park Ticket and FastPass return functionality. They will NOT be able to link a credit card for charging priveleges via the Magic Bands.
- All Guests will be able to be limited to 3 FastPasses a day, however once used, you can schedule more via My Disney Experience or a Park Kiosk. Once you have used #3, you can schedule #4, once #4 is used, you can schedule #5, etc etc
- Guests will be able to Park Hop and schedule FastPass selections. Similar rules to more than 3 apply, can only reserve early 3 in one park, but once used, you can park hop and schedule another.
No dates have been announced for the changes in additional FastPasses, however, I have heard from a friend that one of her friends was already able to park hop after her 3 Fastpasses were done and get another FastPass at another park. Yeah, “a friend of a friend told me”, pretty solid right LOL. My point, if you are visiting the parks anytime soon, keep these changes in mind and see what you can do. I found on our visit for Princess Half Weekend the cast members were really helpful both with general information and at the Kiosk.
Some FastPass Tips:
- If you have a FastPass scheduled and you go up to the ride and its pretty much walk on or VERY short – DO NOT WASTE THAT FASTPASS, Do NOT touch your MagicBand or ticket to the reader. If FastPass is unused, you can go to My Disney Experience or a park kiosk and change this reservation to something else, even AFTER the time has expired so long as its the same day. Thanks friendly Haunted Mansion Cast Member who shared this tip with our party.
- When you go to the Kiosk in the Park to make changes if you need help, make sure you have all Tickets and MagicBands, JUST IN CASE. If your accounts are linked up as Friends and Family on that visit should not be an issue, but better safe than sorry.
- Make sure EVERYONE in you party is linked up as Friends and Family in your My Disney Experience account before you go. Especially if you are doing a trip with friends, its makes it easy to schedule the same times. If you are not linked chances are you all might not be able to ride the same time if you reserve one at a time.
While I am admittedly not a huge fan of all this pre-planning, it is good to hear that they are listening to guests and adding more capability to the current system. Things keep changing and I will try to keep you posted as I hear.
|Photo Disney Parks|
SPEAKING of changes, just a reminder for those traveling to Walt Disney World for the 24 Hour Rock Your Disney Side Event May 23rd, 2014 OR Star Wars Weekends, they have added 2 cool character meals at Disney Hollywood Studios, both Star Wars Themes from May 4th through June 14th. New Meal info is HERE as are some GREAT group rates from my friend Jennifer Greene with Destinations in Florida. Hey if you are going to Rock you Disneyside, might as well get a good room rate at Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside or the Contemporary Resort. Rooms available for 3 more weeks – then the resort savings and discounted park tickets are gone to a galaxy far far away. Contact Jenn for a quote or more info on these great rates.
What do you think of these changes? Got any FastPass tips you want to share with my readers in the comments below?
Latest posts by Julie @RunWalkRepeat (see all)
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018