If you haven’t been to Universal Orlando lately, 2018 is the year to go. 2017 brought phenomenal additions including Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park AND Race Through New Your Staring Jimmy Fallon AND entirely new Holiday attractions. BUT WAIT, there is more! Here is what is coming to Universal Orlando 2018.
Fast & Furious – Supercharged Opening Spring 2018
One of the most successful movie franchises, the latest installment Fast & Furious isn’t in your local cinemas or streaming on your favorite device. It’s big, bold and headed to Universal Studios Florida. Jump in alongside favorite Fast characters in a crazy chase scene that feels like it’s right out of the movies. The attraction is also filled with cars and props from the movies, perfect for Instagram and social media selfies!
Universal’s Aventura Hotel – Opening August 2018
Looking for modern, sleek and affordable accommodations? Look no further, Universal Orlando’s sixth hotel welcomes guests this August. Rooms are available for booking NOW and include floor-to-ceiling windows, a sparkling pool and UOR’s our first resort rooftop bar.
Perched 17 stories up in the air, enjoy striking, panoramic views of all three theme parks. Look out over the iconic Hogwarts Castle, the twists and turns of Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster, and the tropical oasis of Universal’s Volcano Bay which is across the street.
Special Events for 2018
Beyond the rides and shows, your favorite events will be back this year! A Celebration of Harry Potter and Mardi Gras are just around the corner. And here are a few more of my favorites to look forward to.
Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Opening September with select nights through October
The nation’s premier Halloween event will return for it’s 28th straight year. Despite its longevity somehow every year those demented geniuses at Universal top the previous year. If you are into terrifying houses, scare zones and shows this is a not to miss event.
Holidays Opening Mid-November
This year brought all-new décor, live shows and an incredible music and lighting spectacle on Hogwarts castle with Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It also included an all-new Universal Holidays Parade Featuring Macy’s with entirely new balloons and floats. And all that’s on top of the fun of Grinchmas, Mannheim Steamroller performances and holiday cheer all around.
Well, it’s all coming back again this year for more holiday merriment and mischief. This event was a HUGE hit in 2017!
BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!
While I can’t share details on things not yet announced, expect to hear an announcement on things like:
- Ride replacing Dragon Challenge in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
- An additional projection mapping experience at Hogwarts castle
- Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular being replaced
- Something new replacing the Terminator 2: 3D space
- A new venue coming to Universal CityWalk in the Element space
- Expanding hotel collection – WAIT there is EVEN more news!
- The continued global expansion of our partnership with Nintendo. Universal’s Sister park in Japan has already broken ground on Super Nintendo World; I can’t wait to hear what’s next at UOR!
What are you most excited about coming to Universal in 2018?
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018