Today is the first day for official sign up in RunDisney’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon November 8th – 9th 2013.
Just watched this video, you know how these things motivate me…. from youtube friendofvic channel and now I want to do it!
Inaugural 2010 Wine & Dine Race by friendofvic youtube channel
1. I really want to do this one, I love the course! And when you run through Disney Hollywood Studios the Osborne lights are lit up.
From RunDisney Website:
Disney Wine ® Dine Half Marathon Course Description
Your Half Marathon begins at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with a run along Victory Way and then west on Osceola Parkway toward Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. From there, you’ll make your way past the Tree of Life, Expedition Everest™, Dinosaur® and then race back to Osceola Parkway and on towards Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You’ll enter the park in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, run down Sunset Boulevard through Pixar Place, past Toy Story Mania!, and through the Costuming Tunnel in the Backlot on your way to Lights Motor Action! From there, you’ll run along the Streets of America, past Star Tours and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular on your way to Epcot®! The course will wind through the picturesque surroundings of Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and lead you to a finish just outside of Epcot®!
2. There is also an after party at Epcot joining in Wine & Dine Festival! Family and friends can purchase tickets only to the After Party, meaning they are not standing around waiting for you to run by, they can be enjoying the Party or Riding Rides!
Disney Wine & Dine After Hours Finish Line Party Ticket Includes:
- Early entry into Epcot® at 7:00 p.m.
- Access to over 25 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival kiosks
- Select Epcot® attractions
- $10 Disney Gift Card
- Character Meet & Greets
- Musical performances, entertainment and a live DJ
- Live viewing of the race start and finish
Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival:
The Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival is an autumn special event that transforms Epcot® into a food and wine lover’s paradise with specialty food items, culinary events, wine seminars and live musical entertainment. More than 25 international marketplace kiosks are serving up tapas-sized portions of regional specialties. Explore countries on 6 continents through their most mouthwatering foods and beverages!
Offer and Disney Wine & Dine Finish Line Party elements, including but not limited to participating locations, entertainment, and attractions, are subject to availability, change, and additional restrictions, and may change or be canceled without notice. Limited country pavilions, entertainment and attractions will be available due to Epcot® closing at 9:00 p.m. for day guests.
We went to the Food & Wine Festival last year, it was alot of fun sampling the food from the various countries. A Great Time of Year to go to Disney World too!
Now if only I can get down there THIS year……its about a 50/50 right now! WHO IS GOING?
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018
I am, I am!!! Excited!!