Let’s get fit together!
First of all – I completed the 30 day squat challenge. Did my 250 yesterday….here are my thoughts:
– My squat balance WAY better than Day 1
– I am so out of shape I did half squats technically I think, But I stayed with it
– I tried to focus on my form when doing them
– I notice more definition in my derriere..granted I got a LONG way to go, but my pants are a tad looser in that area.
I have alot of work in that area to do, so you guys DON’T need to see a before and after photo…really you don’t! How did everyone else do on this challenge? THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
SO to keep my momentum of strengthening the old body going, I am offering THIS challenge:
|Found via tumblr myfairyytalebody|
WHY this one? WELL I want to keep my squat momentum going – though this time, I am going to squat LOWER to strengthen up my quads, because you never know when you are at a party and you will need strong quad muscles.
|Photo Via National Archives (Flickr Commons)|
So we are covered with our quads and tushie…..how about our Core? Yeah, mine is weak and squishy, so time for some planks and crunches! I plan on doing my crunches on a fitness ball, do them however you want – JUST DO THEM! And remember if you are out of shape its ok to start these with modifications for beginners. I saw one challenge with a 5 minute plank…so don’t think I went nuts with this one.
I have pinned some form suggestions for these on my Pinterest “Getting Fit” board, so feel free to check that out and google is your friend too.
Of course to really see change, a healthy diet helps. I am going to try the Whole 30 Challenge in June from the book “It Starts With Food”by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig….probably June 8th…more on that later…but if you are interested, would love the support and camaraderie!
BUT FOR NOW, lets get exercise back into our daily routines shall we?
Here’s how our calendars will look:
Day 13 – May 27th
Disclaimer: I am no doctor or exercise expert. Before starting this or any exercise program check with your doctor.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018