|Mama, I am coming back!|
I was out. Done with runDisney’s Princess Half Marathon. I had been there 3 years and while it was fun rising costs of had me thinking I wanted to try the Tinkerbell Half out at Disneyland in January since I could only do one race weekend.
THEN it happened – runDisney Announced NEW events Princess Weekend – in addition to the Half, the 5k and the kids races, we now have a Royal 10k AND the Glass Slipper Challenge.
All of twitterdom and Social Media Royalty was abuzz about the addition of the Glass Slipper Challenge – from the runDisney Web Site:
Glass Slipper Challenge will feature
- Two courses through the Walt Disney World Resort totaling 19.3 miles
- Disney Characters and Entertainment on-course
- Family Reunion Area with live entertainment and characters
- Event Weekend Transportation for all Walt Disney World Resort Guests
Race participants in the Glass Slipper Challenge will receive:
- Champion Short-Sleeved Tech Shirts for the Half Marathon, 10K and Glass Slipper Challenge in Women’s or Men’s Cut*
- Special Glass Slipper Challenge Finisher Medal, along with Disney Princess Half Marathon and Disney Princess Enchanted 10K Finisher Medals for completing the Half Marathon and 10K*
- Official Race Program Guide*
- A one-year subscription to Redbook (an $8.00 value). Offer and refund details.
- Personalized bib (Must register by December 1, 2013 for name to appear on bib)*
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed races, with live runner tracking signup for friends and family for both events
- Personalized results website
To receive the Glass Slipper Challenge Finisher Medal, you must register for the Glass Slipper Challenge. Registering for the 10K and Half Marathon individually will not make you eligible to receive the Glass Slipper Challenge Finisher Medal.
Got all signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge yesterday through early registration and now 2 things……where to rest my head between races and what to where to the ball – um balls got 2 races!
For a runDisney Weekend I like staying on property at a host resort for the race transportation to and from the races. Just makes things easy. I am waiting to see which fabulous WDW Resort property will be included in Jennifer at Destinations in Florida Group Block. The rates are sure to be the best available. She already has a list of quotes to fulfill and rooms are limited, so if you want in on the Party Block with moi, ask for Jenn and tell her Run, Walk, FASTPASS sent ya for the Very Important Princes Package quote!
For my attire, well now I have 2 Races to dress up for. I suppose I will be on the hunt for some great ideas and will share what I find. SO.MANY.OPTIONS! Too soon to know yet.
|Going back with last year’s crew Patty and Wendy, see ya Belle – we WANTED Prince Charming but well the clock struck midnight by the time we got to him and no photo!|
CONFESSION TIME: I have been a slacker. Not running and my challenge of Planks, Squats and Crunches has dwindled – that Vacation last week was my downfall and once you get out of habit, well you know. THAT CHANGES TODAY. With all this running I need to do, man I better get back on it. Oh yeah, I have Wine & Dine in November too. YIKES – I want to be 20 lbs lighter. Slacker No More. WHEW feels good to get that off my chest.
So you in? Its gonna be a fabulous 19.1 miles….
Don’t forget my Glass Slipper Challenge Goodie Bag Giveaway is still going on through Monday! Some great stuff to keep you motivated until next February!
|Never get tired of this!|
Note: Registration for runDisney Princess Half Marathon Weekend begins for the public June 11th at noon. If you want in the Glass Slipper Challenge, I suggest you register right away as races have been filling up fast.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018