As a member of Team #RUN3rd, I dedicate my races and runs for others.
|My Team #RUN3rd Patch – wearing with my race bib|
From the RUN3rd Blog, “RUN3rd started out as an inspirational Twitter campaign of sharing race dedications made on behalf of people’s loved ones, causes and ideas and has grown to an international movement.”
The premise is :
1. I run for myself
2. I run for my family
3. I run for “You” Meaning, I run for others, ideas, loved ones, causes….something to put in my mind and take my focus off myself when I am running. From the Run3rd Blog “The essence of a #run3rd dedication is an outward sharing of some piece of our self. There is no substance other than an impulse to include others in something special that we feel.” Wow that is deep stuff!
Thursday July 4th, I will be running the the Atlanta Track Club’s Peachtree Road Race, the largest 10k in the country – 60,000 runners. Its a fun time from start to finish! My race Video from 2012– its a good time.
I am looking for folks to join me Thursday in running third. Would you like to dedicate your race to someone or a group? Its easy all you have to do :
1. Dedicate your race
|2013 Princess Half, First Race Dedication on my arm|
2. Take your dedications with you to the race
|Sign I Made with My Dedications.|
|Run for Boston on my Race Bib|
I have written my dedications on my arm via sharpie, put them on my race bib, and included a paper in my pocket. Whatever works.
THAT’S IT. Let me know if you want to join Team #run3rd for the Peachtree Road Race.
If you are not running but would like to give ME some race dedications, I will gladly RUN3rd for you! Just leave them in the comments.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018