This weekend…I had the worst run ever – which I can honestly attribute to: the full sun, not enough water this week, ran at a time not used to and lets face it inconsistent training lately. There I said it.
I had decided to go for 4 miles, 3 on intervals – 1 minute walking, 1 minute running and than one mile just walking. I had a goal..that was good. I was running on the track because it was flat and knew I would keep it slow. Another good goal right? I got dressed to go and made it out the door…also good right?
I got to the bottom of my driveway with my bottle of ice and cocogo and here is how it went….
- Saw my Garmin battery was LOW but it came on – yeah it died later.
- Went to start Interval Runner – the app has disappeared off my IPhone. I have no idea…..Mini Me maybe? Luckily I had backup app ITGO. Sadly after about 1.25 miles, I didn’t get cues to Run or Walk so apparently I had ITGO set up wrong.
- My music just stopped at mile 2.
- When my interval app died I just did 1/2 lap running 1//2 lap or less walking – improvise.
- When my music stopped…STOP EVERYTHING. I stopped to pull the IPhone out of my skirt pocket and get it going again.
While I might be more dependent on my gadgets than others, I am so grateful I had my music to keep me going. I do think if I had NO music that would have been it. Not a great run, I came home SO hot, my face more red than I have ever seen it. But thank goodness that was OVER. Thankfully though I knew it was hot out and took my cocogo with me. Attribute NOT quitting to my cocogo AND my music.
Saw this on Facebook yesterday to motivate me for today:
Man, I love you Jeff Galloway, you always have JUST the right words.
I decided after I read Jeff’s words of wisdom, I checked Rockmyrun.com for some new tunage. I had a free credit, so I downloaded something Funky and new.
Check out this Funky and Fun play list :
Now THAT is a fun mix! LOVE Rock My Run, I think I am up to like 6 mixes with them now.
Truth be told, I MIGHT not need some kicking music today. I am meeting “MrsCrash” Jill today – for the first time in real life. So excited about that. She is faster than me, but just needs some miles and is resting up from the 15k she did over the weekend.
Today is a new day……yesterday has past! In the words of Shannon, “Let the Music Play”.
Does music motivate you when you are exercising? Have you tried rockmyrun.com?
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018