Are you shining up your Tiara and training in preparation for runDisney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend? With the ability of new FastPASS+ systems, Disney has told us its never too early to start planning optimal park time. To avoid any surprises here is the Closure and Refurbishment schedule.
2014 runDisney Princess Half Weekend
Refurbishment and Closures 2/20-2/23/2014:
- Monorail will be down WEEKDAYS from 11:30am – 7pm. Note that alternative transportation will be provided during this time.
- Magic Kingdom
- Splash Mountain 1/6 – 3/21/14
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority 2/10 – 3/27/14
- Pinocchio’s Village Haus 2/17 – 3/30/14
- The Plaza Restaurant 2/17 – 3/07/14
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Backlot Tour 01/05 – 03/01/14
- None (YIPPEE!)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- NONE (Suh-WEEEET!)
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach
- Closed for Annual Refurbishment 1/6 – 3/17/14
- Resort Closure Info
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort Beach and Sunset Point Access to the east portion of the beach near the Transportation and Ticket Center and Sunset Point will be unavailable due to a scheduled refurbishment, however all other amenities will not be affected. Some rooms in certain categories in impacted buildings have been taken off the market during renovation. For a map and details, covered here.
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Doubloon Lagoon Pool Closed 1/13-2/28/14. During this time transportation will be provided to shuttle guests to Port Orleans Riverside Ol’ Man Island Pool.
- Disney’s Old Key West: Gurgling Suitcase closed 2/5 – 2/28/14
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas – Villas Quiet Pool and Spa 2/03 – 03/07/14
- Downtown Disney Area
- Cap’n Jacks Marina – has closed
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – has closed
- Parking Lots H,I,J,K – have closed
- Fuego has closed
- Pleasure Island Restrooms
- Team Mickey Athletic Club closed 1/27 – 06/13/14
That is all the information I have at this time. Thanks to Jennifer Greene at Destinations in Florida for keeping me updated with the latest.
Looking for more info on Princess Half Weekend? Check out my runDisney Princess Half Post Page, chock full o great info.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018