I am still recuperating from the runDisney Princess Half last weekend. While I gather my thoughts, I have a guest post from Travel Expert, Kendra Thornton. Kendra approached me about doing a post on Staying Active while Traveling – something I struggle with so love the topic.
I was honored to be contacted as
Kendra’s bio is impressive – she is a travel advocate, PR businesswoman, TV spokesperson, wife and mom to 3. She grew up in the travel industry and appears as a travel expert on television stations across the country to offer travel tips and deals to millions of people every year. She makes regular appearances on ABC, NBC and CW stations in major cities such as New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. She is one busy mom and fit too, so I am happy to share her tips for staying active! You can follow her on twitter @KendraThornton
Thanks Kendra for sharing this with my readers:
It is always important to be active and happy because life is so short. Since I have three kids that are energetic, it is essential for me to be on the go and to feed my kids. They do not always understand that eating healthy takes some preparation, but I find that it works. We are traveling constantly and I thought that it would be fun to share with you several of the best tips I know regarding how to keep your family healthy, happy and fit when you are traveling – Spring vacation is right around the corner!
- Before you leave on your trip, make a plan. When it comes to food, pre-pack some of the essential items. Bottles of water, a few treats, fruits that are freshly cut and sandwiches are some of my favorite choices. If we are taking a trip by plane, I carry a bigger purse so I can bring trail mix, granola bars and dried fruits to increase the energy of my kids.
- Make sure you have the correct gear. I will be taking my family to Disney World in Orlando and skiing in Colorado. I always make sure I bring active wear for my family so they will be comfortable wherever we happen to be. On days we travel, I tell my kids to wear their sneakers so we can workout while we are taking our trip.
- All of your vacation activities should be mapped out. You need to make the most of your vacation. Look for the events that will keep your family active, scenic places with amazing beauty and places that are easy to walk to. Whatever you are thinking of doing, make sure that you ask your family what they prefer. Once you decide, adjust your schedule to fit in these attractions. I have been currently searching through a variety of Orlando hotels that will have not only the best location to the parks but also the top family friendly amenities like pools, quiet hours policies and Disney attractions!
- Be careful not to throw your kids off of their routines. Allow them to stay up late and eat candy if they want to. However, don’t let them go too crazy because you want them to be healthy when they come home.
- Allow yourself some time to relax. Enjoy being with your family and having fun with them. Create memories that you will cherish forever.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018