As 2014 closes, I am facing my biggest running regret of the year. My lack of consistency in training. Yep, AGAIN, am I a broken record or what. But hey, I got a plan for next year: 2,015 Run the Edge 2,015 Miles in Challenge to the rescue!
Through one of my FB running groups, I heard of this challenge to run 2015 in 2015, um yeah that is a buttload of miles solo and I am not an ultra-marathoner especially since I am struggling to keep the miles up for the full marathon in 9 days. This virtual race can be run alone OR with a partner or in groups of 3 as a TEAM!
- You can run it solo and do all 2,015 miles yourself (5.5 miles a day average)
- Do it with a friend to divide up the miles. (2.75 miles a day/each)
- Make a team of 3 and really share the journey! Divide up the 2,015 miles anyway you like.
I am going with option 3, 1/3 of a team, finalizing now. Hey, I was planning on getting in a mile a day of walking since we got a new dog, so in my head I am saying, what is another 350 miles in running right?
This virtual event has many options. Registration only, Purchase Shirt, Purchase Medal…..its whatever you want. Starting the year tomorrow with an easy 5 miles. While there are monthly prizes and giveaways, and running item discounts from sponsors for all who register, I am looking forward to some motivation, a little friendly competition and accountability with a couple running friends.
For more info or to sign up with your own team, go here. Disclosure, if you sign up I can get a discount on my race, but when you can sign up and earn the same perk for referral. I am doing this because it sounds fun and all opinions stated are my own.
2015 is gonna be a great year. Between this and my 365 days of Gratitude Challenge, I will be busy!
Did you make any running resolutions this year? How does this sound to you?
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018