Thanks to Kiss Me Organics Organic Matcha Powder for sponsoring this post. When I received an offer to review matcha powder, I was anxious to try it. I had never had the powder form of ground up green tea leaves. For centuries, the Japanese have been enjoying the preparation, drinking and serving of Matcha and the ceremony that can go with it. What used to be reserved for nobility and leaders to gain clear focus, is now available for all of us to enjoy.
I was pulled into to reviewing because of the Kiss Me Organics Matcha Powder Benefits.
(From the Product Website) ALL DAY ENERGY WITH INCREASED FOCUS Matcha provides 4 to 6 hours of mild steady energy as it acts as both a stimulant and a relaxant. This is ideal for focusing on whatever the day throws your way. METABOLISM BOOST Consuming matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body’s own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy expenditure, to between 35% and 43% of daily energy expediture. IMPROVED SKIN HEALTH Scientists have discovered that Matcha Green Tea helps protect the skin from harmful UVrays, while improving blood flow and oxygen levels lifting the overall quality of the skin. 137x THE ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA Antioxidants are essential as you age to boost your body’s natural defenses against oxidation. Researchers have found that a high level of dietary antioxidants can prevent many age-related diseases.
I love all kinds of tea, including green tea. I have been trying to incorporate herbal teas into my day for health benefits. I also get the blahs in the afternoon and need a little something, which I had been reaching for snacks and until I switched to tea. I added the Organic Green Tea Matcha into my breakfast smoothies and drank an afternoon Matcha Almond Milk Latte. The powder did not alter the taste of my smoothies, whether chocolate, berry or coffee flavored. I liked knowing I was putting those antioxidants into my system to boost the old immune system and keep me healthy – especially this time of year.
- My lattes became a delicious treat creamy and warm for these cold winter days. It was a treat for me and had the taste of green tea. I was satisfied after finishing both and I did have a little boost of energy. As for the metabolism claim, I think they are onto something here. I have been watching what I eat both in portion size and nutritional value of food and am happy to report I was down 10.5 lbs in the past 4 weeks! I was consuming matcha powder either in my smoothie and lattes daily – a half of a teaspoon in each. While I am convinced the healthier diet I had been consuming in smaller portions lead to the loss, I feel as though the Matcha powder MUST have helped. While I know that tea has caffeine, and I am sensitive to over stimulation I NEVER noticed any nervousness or heart palpitations I can get when I overindulge in caffeine. That was a total surprise to me. My lattes have been my little afternoon treat, here is how I do it, give it a try.
- 1 cup Almond Milk Unsweetend (I used Vanilla Flavored)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kiss Me Organic Matcha Powder
- In a small pot, warm the milk on low until steaming. Pour milk in a cup add the Kiss Me Organic Matcha Powder and whisk until the powder has blended with the milk. Enjoy!
Its always fun for me to discover something new that is natural with no artificial ingredients. Matcha has been around for a long time. If you have ever had Green Tea Ice Cream, or Green Sobu noodles, you have had matcha. I received a recipe book with my shipment and I am looking forward to new ways I can incorporate this into my cooking as well. If you would like to try Kiss Me Organics Culinary Grade Matcha Powder, you can order via Amazon at the links below.
Have you tried Matcha Powder? Disclosure: I received Kiss Me Organics Matcha Powder at no cost to review. All Opinions are 100% my own.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018