I need a transformation. Confession time. I want to look like that princess above from 2011. I have really let myself go and slacked off big time in the exercise department. Sure I have been doing my distance races and training, but somehow between this race photo and a week ago, seems like I forgot the importance of working out my entire body – not just my interval running. Youfit Health Clubs to the rescue! Its time for a total transformation in a leaner and healthier me.
Youfit is a newer club in our neighborhood located just up the street from me that offers brand-new weight training and cardio equipment along with a 30-minute express circuit workout. The club wants to cater to just everyday people who simply want to be fit their way.
I was given the opportunity to try it for 2 months at no cost to me which included membership and some personal training sessions. I jumped on it because I have been needing a transformation, um see current pics below:
Why yes, I just put my before picture out there and I may be smiling, but I am NOT proud of how I just let myself go. I really need to lose some weight and get some lean muscle back that I had in the 2011 pic when I was exercising regularly.
With the 2 month opportunity, I am challenging myself to transform as much as I can and I know it will take the commitment. My hurdles, I get intimidated in gyms with all this equipment and those strong hard bodies and me in my flabby shape. With the equipment, I don’t know where to start and I get all worried I am doing something wrong as if everyone is laughing at me secretly. I approached Youfit my first day with caution and nerves about embarking on this, but I am ready.
On a a tour of the club I was honestly surprised at how clean it was. They are constantly cleaning the facility. The manager asked me about my level of fitness and pointed out things I was familiar with and things I had not tried. He peaked my interest in the rowing machine, a piece of equipment I had never been on. I loved the Express Circuit area too. Its a full circuit in a circle with a stop light that gives you a green light meaning work the station you are on for a minute, and a red light telling you rest up, you got 30 seconds until time to work it at the next station.
The gym has a cardio machine area (home of the mysterious rowing machine), a free weight area, floor/ stretching area, exercise machine area and the Express Circuit area. The equipment is color coated, green for lower body and purple for upper body. Its a very bright and welcoming environment, I also saw people working out in all shapes and sizes which made me comfortable.
Each member is allowed a personal assessment and mine was done by YouCoach “Doc”. A YouCoach is there to help members stay on track with their goals. While personal trainers are not included with monthly membership, they are available. Doc’s story is pretty amazing, as he himself has transformed by losing over 100 lbs. Some of the photos of his past clients were very inspiring to me. Hey they did the work and stuck to the plan, but encouragement makes a huge difference. After my assessment Doc gave me a very simple plan on how to workout that will give me results. He asked me if I was committed to sticking with the plan and I am. Then its up to me he said. Every day its up to me.
I will say I cried after hearing about my weight, BMI, et all… so disappointed in myself – really what happened? But hey, I know where I started and I want to see progress right? We have it documented. As sad as I was once I let that go, I rejoiced I was somewhere I could transform back to the old me.
Photo below, after my assessment that first day smiling… at those fat cells which will be departing my body in this very room. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.
How will I transform?
- Personal Training: Learn some new moves to work my body and proper form on that equipment that has intimated me. I will also push myself and do what the Doc says.
- Express Circuit: Take advantage of the quick workout. Challenge myself and get an overall workout 2 times a week focusing on number of reps NOT weight of machine – tip from Doc to help achieve my goal.
- Cardio: Guess what, I asked the manager to show me how to use that rowing machine and I got on it! Oh yes, he even gave me a suggested beginner workout to start at and how to monitor my progress. ANY cardio workout I do at the gym, I will always row first, because I know how!
- Commit: I am my own worst enemy. I can think of excuses all day long. Truth is this is up to me. I have a gym membership and I am going to use it to transform back to what I looked like when I was working out consistently. Not for 2 months or a year, this is a lifestyle change. A transformed me is a much healthier me…and that my friends is my goal!
My overall impression of Youfit this first week has been nothing but positive. Clean facility, new equipment, friendly and welcoming staff and clientele too. And so much for being worried about getting laughed at, I got encouragement this week from 2 random strangers, members of the gym also working out. Sweet!
Do you need a transformation? What is holding you back?
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Youfit.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018