This week, thanks to Disney Parks I attended a travel agent Summer Awakens Showcase – I LOVE my job, which covered all the new attractions and events coming to Walt Disney World Theme Parks this summer. I even got to say Howdy to my Mickey! Let me tell you…..there is tons of pixie dust headed our way this summer – when they say PREPARE TO DISCOVER A SUMMER UNLIKE ANY OTHER, they kid you not!
I will try to be brief to cover it all and update with dates as I get more info. Here is what is new this summer at Walt Disney World Resort.
Animal Kingdom Park:
- Rivers of Light set to debut April 22nd, is a new night time show combining live performers, water screens, innovative special effects and more to celebrate the beauty of nature.
- Tree of Life Awakenings will swirl with dramatic color throughout the evening as artistic projections bring the stories of the animal spirits of the tree to life with stories of love, adventure, humor and culture.
- Kilimanjaro Safari Evening Hours, new extended hours for the safari with the addition of some new animals including Hyenas and African dogs.
- Discovery Island Carnivale, a nighttime dance party will hit the streets with your chance to revel in the splendor of all living things among stilt walkers, musicians and more.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti, a chance to join singers, dancers, acrobats and musicians for a wild and wonderful street festival at sunset.
Disney’s Hollywood Studio
- Star Wars Launch Bay – located where Animation Academy used to be, its the go to place to meet your Star Wars Characters Chewbacca and Kylo Ren, they both talk too! You can also purchase Star Wars merchandise, trade with a Jawa, be greeted by Stormtroopers and play exclusive Disney Infinity games.
- Star Tours, The Adventure Continues with an all new destination added to the mix, Jakku from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – all new show featuring new characters, including the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars Rebels where the younglings hone their Lightsaber skills in preparation to face the dark side.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectaular debuts April 4th – Look to the skies for this nightly fireworks finale busting with Star Wars music and magic. The new show will play out iconic moments from the film saga on Center Stage (in front of the Chinese Theater), and will feature appearances fromStar Wars characters like Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Darth Maul.Also starting April 4, Captain Phasma will begin leading a platoon of First Order stormtroopers on a march from Star Wars Launch Bay to Center Stage multiple times each day.
- Frozen Ever After, in Norway Pavilion in the World Showcase opens replaces Maelstrom is set to open. A boating adventure through Arendelle features Frozen characters, songs and a visit to Elsa’s Ice Palace in the cool North Mountain.
- Royal Sommerhus Anna and Elsa meet and greet in a charming Norwegian cabin in the World Showcase.
- Soarin’ Over the World is set to open replacing Soarin’ Over California with a new additional theater AND film showcasing landmarks and cities all over the world! No date set on opening as of yet.
- Turtle Talk featuring new Characters from Disney Pixar’s “Finding Dory” When Crush the sea turtle swims up to the “Human Tank” at either Epcot, he’ll be joined by Dory and some of her new friends! Crush’s very own mini-man Squirt will also be swimming by for the first time, and you might even catch a glimpse of Nemo and his dad Marlin. “Finding Dory” is set will hit theaters June 17th.
- Newly Expanded Character Spot Meet and Greets: Epcot Character Spot, located in the heart of Future World at Epcot, is being expanded to give you an opportunity to meet even more of your Disney friends.Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy are on hand in their cartoon clubhouse of the future, happy to take a break from creating their latest innovation to make new friends or welcome back old pals. Across the way, you can also step into a makeshift robotics workshop and spend time withBaymax, everyone’s favorite personal healthcare companion from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Big Hero 6.”
And beginning in April 2016, Epcot Character Spot will provide direct access to Headquarters, where you can meet Joy and Sadness, two of the Emotions who help guide Riley through life in the Disney•Pixar film “Inside Out.” On the way to Headquarters, you’ll journey through Riley’s long-term memory, catching a glimpse of her Islands of Personality before joining Joy and Sadness at the console.
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire – a NEW show at the Castle stage featuring Mickey and pals along with characters from The Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Frozen. Brings to life beloved Disney stories both classic and contemporary in a spectacular performance featuring an original song, memorable music, lively dancing and special effects magic.
- The Frozen Games: The Winter Games Committee has taken advantage of the freak snowstorm over Central Florida and will host an impromptu sporting event known as The Frozen Games. They’ve even invited Kristoff and Olaf to lead teams of guests in a day full of fun “Frozen” activities, before the warm sun melts the snow away. Guests visiting the waterpark can to join “Team Kristoff” or “Team Olaf” and participate in a variety of activities, including Ice Pail Relays, a Snowball Toss to Ski Pole Limbo and Slide Races. Olaf and Kristoff will join the Winter Games Committee members in the games’ Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and will give updates throughout the games to report on their team’s achievements.
- Town Center Neighborhood Opens, Disney Springs newest neighborhood will feature unique flagship stores, boutiques and more!
If you haven’t been to Walt Disney World Resort in a while, you will be surprised at all the new attractions waiting for you.
Which of these do you look the most forward to seeing, for me Rivers of Light!
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018