I first ran the Princess Half Marathon in 2011. I loved it so much, I have returned each year and plan on going again next month. The women’s centered weekend is a blast and the bling is super sparkly! I was asked by a reader if I had photos of my Princess Race Shirts and a post was born. Here you go, from 2011 to present, the Official Race Shirts for the Half, 10k and Glass Slipper Challenge. I threw in the medals too for fun – who doesn’t like comparing the bling?
- 2011 and 2012 both were white, nice shirts, but for running I don’t like white gets see through, great for the parks though.
- 2013 is my FAVORITE, LOVE the Purple.
- 2014 Half Shirt is my least favorite. It is GRAY, blah – not my color me beautiful color and the logo layout and colors not the best IMO. The word 1/2 Marathon is WAY TOO BIG!
- Enchanted 10k Design is the BEST…but again, white shirt.
- Glass Slipper Challenge Shirt is light blue, its kind of a weird shade as this shirt matches nothing for me of my skirts, its just a little off. I think its the logo colors that make it meh for me, though love the logo.
AND NOW THE BLING, THE MEDALS:
2015 Medals from runDisney blog…..note they look gold but will be silver, I saw them at the Walt Disney World Marathon Expo but blogger fail, no photos were taken. I will update this when I get MY 2015 medals.
My two cents on the medals:
- 2011 and 2012 are the same medal, just different dates and main jewel color. Also the ribbon on the 2011 is embroidered while in 2012 they changed to printed ribbons.
- 2013 is the five year anniversary, so its extra blingy. They will mack out the 2018 10 year medal too, if you are planning ahead.
- 2014 Half Medal does not have a year on the medal part – oops! Looks like this is fixed with the 2015 version around the jewel.
- Enchanted 10k Inaugural Medal is GORGEOUS. Looks better to me than the Half Medal.
- The Glass Slipper Challenge Medal is so pretty in person, pictures do not do it justice.
- The 2015 Medal photo from runDisney, seems like they could get better images as the medals ALWAYS look better when you see them.
If you want to visit all my Princess Half Posts including tips and recaps, check out my runDisney page.
Which is your favorite shirt and medal?
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018