You’ve paid your runDisney race registration fees, you’ve got your resort reservations and park tickets. You’ve paid for your transport to the most magical places on earth…..and you get there and your favorite ride is closed. Yeah, its a sad thing, but they need to keep the rides well maintained and on a bright note, you could get a cool behind the scenes shot of some work in progress like the logs below.
If you are headed to runDisney’s Marathon Weekend here are the updates. While it can be a total bummer, trust me been there – keep in mind it could also mean an excuse to go back soon when your favorite ride or attraction is back.
WDW Marathon Weekend Jan 8-12 Closures and Refurbishments:
- Magic Kingdom
- Casey’s Corner 1/6 – 2/15/14
- Tomorrowland Speedway 1/6 – 1/12/14
- Splash Mountain 1/6 – 3/21/14
- Note Post Race: Aladdins Magic Carpets and Agrabah Bazaar closed 1/13 – 1/16/14
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Monster’s Inc Meet and Greet 1/5 – 1/19/14
- None (YIPPEE!)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Note Post Race Weekend: Festival of the Lion King and Camp Mickey-Minnie 1/16/14
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach
- Closed for Annual Refurbishment 1/6 – 3/17/14
- Resort Closure Info
- All Star Sports Surfs Up Pool 1/6 – 1/24/14
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort Beach and Sunset Point Access to the east portion of the beach near the Transportation and Ticket Center and Sunset Point will be unavailable due to a scheduled refurbishment, however all other amenities will not be affected. Some rooms in certain categories in impacted buildings have been taken off the market during renovation. For a map and details, covered here.
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Note Post Race Weekend: Doubloon Lagoon Pool 1/13-2/28/14. During this time transportation will be provided to shuttle guests to Port Orleans Riverside Ol’ Man Island Pool.
- Downtown Disney Area
- Cap’n Jacks Marina – has closed
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – has closed
- Parking Lots HIJK – have closed
- House of Blues Downtown Disney Westside: Continuing Patio Expansion, Building New Stage and Adding BBQ Smokehouse. Ticket Sales Window is now located in Retail Shop. All work expected to be finished Mid January 2014. Until completed there is no live entertainment on the Front Porch Stage.
That is all the information I have at this time. Thanks to Jennifer Greene at Destinations in Florida for keeping me updated with the latest.
Running another runDisney race? You can see the refurb and cloures for Tinker Bell Half Marathon here and Princess Half Marathon Weekend here.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018
hildy partridge says
Great information. Thanks for sharing
Beth Green says
Great info for those headed down that weekend! one day I’ll get back down for a race! 🙂
Julie Franklin says
Thanks Beth…its good to know in advanced what will be closed I say! I hope you can make it, race weekends are the best…esp with friends!
Fairytales and Fitness says
We are staying at the Poly so I do hope the refurbishments do not effect much else than the Sunset Point. Will there be a portion of the beach that will be available? Do you know if they still do the Electric Water Parade at night? Looking forward to seeing the refurb schedule for Princess weekend!
Julie Franklin says
Yes the Electric Parade is running at night!