After my last physical while I got a pretty good report…..
My cholesterol was a tad high – really not bad. All other vitals good, though I could lose some weight. Because of a family heart history combined with my test results my doctor told me to be vigilant about getting my numbers down with diet and exercise. SIGH. I love to eat what I want sadly, I like junk. Time to cut it out!
Looking at doing a Whole 30 Cleanse…..yeah the one I said I was doing in June just didn’t happen. For my health I will give it a go to try to break my cravings for junk and refocus them onto natural healthy good for my body food.
Last night’s healthy dinner……
Fajita Chicken, Homemade Salsa, Wholly Guacamole, and Arugula. Easy colorful and delish.
The chicken I just baked with some fajita seasoning. I actually baked it early in the day.
The salsa is my standard throw together and let sit at least 2 hours in frig, mine had sat overnight:
- 4 Tomatoes Chopped – I had some great ones from veggie stand
- 1/2 an Onion Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Fresh Cilantro – guessing about a tablespoon of chopped, this is optional to taste.
- Chopped Jalapenos -optional I use them and put in this batch roughly 1 tablespoon of the best sliced in a jar variety: Trappeys. Mr. RWFR is really picky on this item!
I just eyeball the ingredients now and it always turns out so good.
We had been at the pool so when I got home I just put the arugula on a plate, put some salsa on top, put sliced chicken on that and then got my Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packed and spread it around. Easy Peasy. Yeah fresh stuff….. tastes amazing, maybe this won’t be so hard.
Re-reading the book “It Starts With Food” and will plan out next week’s menu – something new for me.
Do you do anything to help you stay on track with healthy diet? Would love some tips! I will let you know next week how things went and share my favorite recipe of the week.
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018