As you are planning your Walt Disney World Vacation, keep in mind the following refurbishments and attraction closures for 2016. Hey they just want to keep everything ship shape and sometimes that means they need to close some things down. Here are the closings for the parks as of Feb 2016:
Magic Kingdom Park:
- Monorail is undergoing refurbishment and may be modified service and/or routes. Through April 2016
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin closed Jan 18 – Feb 11, 2016.
- Mad Tea Party closed Feb 22 – 26, 2016
- Jungle Cruise closed March 1-3, 2016
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad April 4-July 2016
- Maelstrom reopens with Frozen theme May 1, 2016
- Soarin reopens Summer 2016
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Pizza Planet closed through late 2016
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set closing permanently April 3, 2016
- Lights Motor Action Extreme Stunt Show closing permanently April 3, 2016
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park:
- Kali River Rapids closed through Feb 18, 2016
- Flights of Wonder Closed through March 17, 2016
- Warung Outpost Closed through March 17, 2016
- Boneyard closed Feb 22 through March 17, 2016
- Annual refurbishment through March 12, 2016
- Due to heavy roadwork, expect delays on Buena Vista Drive. It is recommended guests use complimentary Walt Disney World Resort transportation from parks and resorts to Disney Springs and plan to arrive early for reserved dining and entertainment experiences.
- Planet Hollywood closed through Summer 2016.
With all the changes ahead, if you haven’t gotten a DVD lately, it’s a great time to order your FREE 2016 Disney Vacation Guide DVD. Just click on the image below to get yours!
Any attractions you will miss on your next trip?
Latest posts by Julie @RunWalkRepeat (see all)
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018